Summer Member Spotlight - Cassie Berger
We're getting to know each member through spotlight interviews. Cassie served at Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity on the Construction team. No picture available of cassie at this time.
1. What inspired you to serve?
I wanted to help people.
2. What does a typical day look like for you?
A typical day for me starts off with getting the chance to meet and work with volunteers and then get to work on building a home as a team.
3. What did you enjoy most about serving?
Getting to know that what I am doing is for people in need.
4. What do you love most about Habitat for Humanity?
Definitely the people. The amount of encouragement and friendliness that happens everyday on site is remarkable.
5. What is one thing you learned in the last month?
We are all a team and everything we do at work is together.
6. What’s something about you a fun fact that people may not know?
I have a pet cockatiel bird named Herkey and I go to school at Iowa State University.
7. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Grilled shrimp and steak and red garlic mashed potatoes