OnCorps is the timekeeping system for Iowa AmeriCorps programs. Timesheets need to be submitted and approved two times per month (every 12th and 27th of the month, supervisors have 2 days to approve the sheets). Pay dates are on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Accessing your account:
- Use the correct link. Member and supervisors have separate links and each year also has separate links (above).
- Usernames and Passwords:
- Usernames are your first letter of your first name and your last name. Example: Katie Zellmer is kzellmer
- Passwords are all temporarily set to “Building1”
- You must submit your hours to the nearest 15 minutes.
- 45 Minutes = 0.75; 30 Minutes = 0.5; 15 Minutes = 0.25
- Types of hours (Service, Training, and Fundraising)
- Service hours: majority of the hours served
- Training hours: time when being trained on something, cannot exceed 20% of your total maximum hours
- Fundraising hours: allowable in only rare circumstances and require prior AmeriCorps Approval
Submitting a timesheet
- Sign into OnCorps using the links at the top of the page.
- Select a current timesheet
- Enter your hours served into each date. Separating training hours from direct service hours.
- Leave the comment selection “BLANK”
- Click "Authorize and Submit"
Supervisors Approving a timesheet
- Each time a member submits a timesheet, a supervisor will receive an email with a link for approving
- Sign into OnCorps using the correct link above
- Select: Time Tracking > Member Service Hours > Approve Member Timesheets
Supervisors Rejecting a timesheet
If a timesheet needs to be rejected due to errors, a supervisor must take action first.
- Click “Time Tracking Tab”
- Click “Member Service Hours”
- Click “Filter Member service Hours”
- On Next screen select “your member”
- After that, supervisors will see all the timesheets and have the ability to “reject” them.
- Members must fix and resubmit their timesheets
- Supervisors must re-approve.
Taking time off
Members must inform their site supervisor in advance of any absence from their regular service schedule. If the absence is greater than 1 week, program staff must be notified.
Members should make every effort to maintain a regular service schedule found in their member service agreement (40, 20, or 10 hours per week). Personal appointments and time off should be scheduled around set service schedule and holiday breaks. Members will be encouraged to stay on track to meet the minimum hours required per their service agreement (1700, 1200, 900, or 450). This should be checked each pay period on OnCorps. If the member fails to meet established service hour benchmarks, member supervisors and AmeriCorps program staff will meet with the member to provide support and guidance on ways to successfully complete their service hours. If the member continues to fail to meet established service hour benchmarks, they could be subject to progressive discipline, up to and including termination from service.
It is the member’s responsibility to review and submit their time sheet to their site supervisor twice monthly. Timesheets must be submitted after all service hours for the pay period are recorded and are due no later than two (2) working day after the 15th and final day of each month. A member’s site supervisor is responsible for verifying the accuracy of, and approving, the member’s time sheet.
Checking Hours on OnCorps
In Order to stay on track with member hours, members and supervisors should regularly check the member accounts on OnCorps, which displays the required number of hours per week, number of hours served on average, and number of hours required for successful completion.
- Log into OnCorps
- Click the "+" symbol next your name to expand the panel
- Avg/ WK Target (What you need to be successful based on your contract with no days off)
- Avg/wk Current (What you have served based on turned in timesheets)
- Avg/wk needed: (What you need to be successful by the end of the service term)