1. What inspired you to serve?
After graduation I was looking for what to do next. In the past, I had enjoyed my time working on house repair with The Pittsburg Project and wanted to learn more about home building and repair.
2. What does a typical day look like for you?
On a typical day I will come to work load up the truck and head to the build site. Once there I debrief with the other staff on site as to our plan for the day and prepare for the volunteers to arrive.
3. What did you enjoy most about serving?
I enjoy the sense of accomplishment after a hard day’s work and the feeling of connectedness that comes from getting to know volunteers.
4. What do you love most about Habitat for Humanity?
I enjoy the people that are involved in the build every day because without the people it would only be construction.
5. What is one thing you learned in the last month?
In the last month I have learned that there are many different ways to do any job and each person has a preferred way of completing tasks. I have also expanded my ability to lead both large and small groups of people.