Host AmeriCorps Members
Thank you for your interest in the Habitat for Humanity of Iowa AmeriCorps Programming. Below you will find information about our application timeline, benefits and expectations of host sites and more.
Hosting an AmeriCorps members means, the affiliates have a person serving 40 hours a week for 3, 6, 9, or 12-month commitments. These members build capacity and expand programming for the affiliates through their service. Habitat Iowa helps with recruitment, administrative, and training support throughout the year. This fact sheet explains the program and how your organization can participate!
- January-March: Host Site Interest Applications are open for 3-month Summer programming
- February-May: Host Site Interest Applications are open for 12-month programming!
- April 1: Affiliates and host sites are notified of selection for Summer Programming and host site agreements sent out
- May 1: Affiliates and host sites are notified of selection for 12-month programming and host site agreements sent out.
- May - June: 3-month Summer members begin serve
- September-October: 12-month members start
Benefits for the Affiliates and Host Sites
- An AmeriCorps member serving 40 hours a week for 3, 6, 9, or 12-month commitments.
- Recruitment help through Habitat Iowa staff
- Habitat Iowa Staff support your AmeriCorps members throughout the year
- Training provided to members to help with soft skills
- Habitat Staff handle all the HR, payroll, and other administrative roles
- Access to the Mobile Response Team, when teams are not responding to natural disasters in Iowa.
Cost Associated with Programming:
- Pay a host site fee ($9,000-Full time (40 hours a week for 12 months), $6000-Half time (40 hours a week for 6 months), $3800-Quartertime (40 hours/week for 3 months)
- Use supervision hours as match for the grant ($4200- FT, $3000-HT, $1800- QT)
- Provide supervision to the AmeriCorps members, ideally 4-5 hours per week
- Nurture and encourage the training and growth the AmeriCorps members at your site
- Provide sufficient resources and tools needed for member to perform their service effectively. This may include a desk, computer, and other office supplies.
Why do we charge host site fees and supervisor match?
While AmeriCorps is a federal grant that allows amazing things to be accomplished, it does come with many financial requirements to ensure it continues. Host site fees and supervisor time match is used towards the member living allowance and benefits, member training, and more.